Interesting facts about animals is an article written by interesting facts about life. This English article is for students and other people for learning and knowledge purpose.
Interesting facts about animals cannot be interesting until it have some unbelievable facts you didn’t know. Many times people like to read interesting facts about animals. I don’t know are they reading it for knowledge or not. As I have heard that we gain knowledge by sharing. It is a weird facts about people that they do not share these kind of knowledgeable things with their known. So, if you like this article than kindly do share these interesting facts about animals with friends. 😉
Interesting facts about Animals
Here we will discuss some interesting facts about animals with pictures. So, start reading these animal facts from here:
1. Female red kangaroo has three vaginas.
2. Male animals smell the urine of female animals to see if she is ready to mate.
3. Snakes have ears inside their heads.
4. Gorillas can catch human illnesses.
5. Half of the pigs in the world are kept by farmers in China.
6. The bat is only mammal that can fly.
7. The ant population is 1 million times of human beings.
8. Cows can sleep while standing but can’t dream until they lay down.
9. Pigs’ orgasms last for 30 minutes.
10. A cheetah can catch speed of 60 miles per hour in three seconds.
11. Polar bears absorb the rays of the sun using their black skin.
12. The flying snake can go to distance up to 300 feet and can also make turns in the air.
13. Snow leopards can cover up to 50 feet in a jump.
14. A wolf can eat approximately 20 pounds of meat in one sitting.
15. Puppies have 28 teeth and normal adult dogs have 42.
16. The king cobra has enough venom to kill an elephant.
17. Tigers don’t have exact same stripes.
18. Cats are living with people from only 7,000 years.
19. The name Jaguar means the one who kills in one leap.
20. Hippopotamuses gives birth in water.
21. Male frogs use croaking to attract female frogs.
22. When rabbit becomes happy they jump in air.
23. Capuchin Monkey pee on their hands to wash their own feet.
24. An average size wolf produces roughly 1.2 cubic inches of sperm.
25. Alligators are social creatures and often stay in groups called congregations.
26. Anacondas spend most of their time swimming or lurking in murky, sluggish rivers and slow-moving streams.
27. Eagles can see five basic colors to our three, and can detect UV light.
28. Lizards are cold-blooded animals and they rely on their environment to help warm their bodies.
29. Female kangaroos can determine the sex of their offspring.
30. Leopards likes to rest in the branches of trees during the day.
31. Most deer are born with white spots and they lose them within first year.
32. Goats become depressed if kept without any goat companions.
33. Sheep’s milk is often used in cheese and yogurt making.
34. Rhinoceroses are solitary animals and like to avoid each other.
35. Young Kangaroos jump head first into their mother’s pouch when frightened.
36. A mother hen turns her egg about 50 times a day and can lay more than 300 eggs per year.
37. Donkey is more cautious than horse and they dig their heels in when frightened and don’t move from that place.
38. Every Zebra have unique pattern of white and black stripes.
39. Sea turtles have special glands which help remove salt from the water they drink.
40. Give raccoons a puzzle and, as long as there’s food involved, they’ll usually find a way to solve it.
41. Mice tails can grow as long as their bodies.
42. Worst enemies of hyenas are lions and hunting dogs.
43. Otters use their dung known as spraint to communicate with other otters.
44. An average cow has more than 50,000 jaw movements in a day.
45. Fox make 40 different sounds, some of which you can hear.
46. Yaks can climb up to 20,000 feet above sea level. They are able to live at such high altitudes because they have a large lung capacity.
47. A wolf pup’s eyes are blue at birth. Their eyes turn yellow by the time they are eight months old.
48. Tigers have night vision that is six times better than that of humans, which helps them hunt successfully in the dark.
49. The size of the shell of a snail reflects its age.
50. Unlike fish, sharks can only swim forward.
Well It was honor for me to share interesting facts about animals with you. If you liked these interesting facts about life then do share with your friends and surprise them with facts that they didn’t know. 🙂