Today in this article I am going to talk about some amazing facts of the world. I hope you will like this list of amazing facts of the world that I written exclusively for you. Here are 50 amazing facts to blow your mind
List of 50 Amazing Facts of the World
1. Getting struck by lightning heat skin to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit that’s hotter than the surface of the Sun.
2. Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
3. The Hawaiian alphabet only has 12 letters which are AEIOU hklm n P and W.
4. Ostriches eye is bigger than its brain.
5. Humming birds are the only animals that can fly backwards.
6. A flamingo can only eat with its head upside down.
7. Lighter was invented ten years before the matchstick.
8. It’s physically impossible for a pig to look up at the sky.
9. The very first Internet domain name to ever be registered is Symbolics.com on March 15th 1985 and still exists today go try it.
10. In a study by the University of Chicago in 1915 it was concluded that the easiest color to spot at a distance is the color yellow. That’s why it is the most popular color for taxicabs
11. The largest employer in the world is the US Department of Defense which employs over 3 million people.
12. The 120 year old song happy birthday is actually copyrighted and it’s owned by warner/chappell music the company still insists that nobody can sing it without first paying them royalties. So, basically you’ve been breaking the law at every birthday you’ve ever been to.
13. Humans are born with 350 bones in their body but when a person reaches adulthood we only have 206. This is because our bones fused together as the body grows and develops.
14. There are 158 verses in the Greek national anthem making it the longest national anthem in the world. To put that into perspective the Canadian and American national anthems both only have four verses each.
15. The Maldive coconut is the largest seed in the world.
16. Apple seeds actually contain a cyanide compound.
17. In dirt soil a mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
18. It is impossible to tickle yourself. This is because your cerebellum warns the rest of your brain that you’re about to tickle yourself. So, it ignores the resulting sensation.
19. The typical lead pencil can draw a line that is 35 miles long.
20. Astronauts get taller in space due to the lack of gravity.
21. The total surface area of human lungs is 750 square feet that’s roughly the same area as one side of a tennis court.
22. All the animals on earth the mosquito has contributed to more deaths than any other animal.
23. All elephants walk on their tiptoes this is because the back part of their foot made up of all fat and no bone.
24. Hawaii has the only royal palace in the United States still used as an official residence by a reigning monarch.
25. The strongest muscle in the human body proportional to its size is the tongue.
26. An octopus has three hearts nine brains and blue blood.
27. If the population of China walked by you single-file. The line would never end due to the rate of reproduction.
28. The hair on a polar bear is actually not white but clear they reflect light which makes them appear to be white.
29. A chameleon can move its eyes in two directions at the same time.
30. England is smaller than the state of Florida by over fifteen thousand square miles.
31. In case you never noticed the Mona Lisa has no eyebrows or eyelashes.
32. The world’s largest yacht has ninety four thousand horsepower in his 590 feet long which is about the length of two football fields.
33. Humans and giraffes both only have seven vertebrae in their necks which is surprising considering Draft necks are so much bigger.
34. Buttermilk does not contain any butter in fact it’s quite low in fat and it’s actually good for your digestion.
35. Disneyland does not sell chewing gum this is because Walt Disney did not want guests inconvenienced by stepping on gum that they purchased at the park.
36. A draft can go longer without water than a camel.
37. Apples, peaches, plums, strawberries, raspberries, cherries and almonds all belong to the rose family.
38. Snails can sleep for up to three years.
39. Sharks lose over 30,000 teeth in their lifetime.
40. A day on the planet mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
41. Whips make a cracking sound because the tip actually moves faster than the speed of sound creating a small sonic boom.
42. Hippo sweat is actually red and it contains a pigment that’s a natural sunscreen.
43. A cockroach can live several weeks without its head.
44. Methane gas is produced by cows, it create just as much pollution as cars.
45. Dolphins only sleep with half their brain at a time and thus they’re always half conscious otherwise they would drown.
46. In advertisements the time displayed on a watch or clock is almost always 10:10.
47. The majority of the dust in your house is made up from your own dead skin.
48. Most lipsticks contain fish scales.
49. The average person falls asleep in only about seven minutes.
50. Over 100 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every single minute.
Read Our Top Articles: