What are some good questions to ask in a job interview? (For Employers) : Some good questions to ask in a job interview are mentioned below. Having a job is the most important necessity for a person to be independent and lead life in a better way. To get a job every applicant have to go through an interview. It depends on your skills and confidence how you tackle the interview. Every employer expects to grow the company at a faster pace. It is his/her duty to select some excellent employees for the company so that they can put all the efforts to fulfill the employer’s expectations. The questions that are asked by the employer in an interview are some of the important questions that are necessary to judge the applicants skills and compatibility. It may be difficult for the applicant but that is the duty of the employer to ask those questions for the betterment of the company.
10 Good questions to ask in a job interview (For Employers)
Some good questions to ask in a job interview are mentioned below:
Q1. Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume?
One of the most important questions to ask the applicants. This question is generally asked to know small details about the applicant apart from the technical details.
- Many times people have some hidden talent that can help the company to grow better. It can be anything your hobbies or your traveling experience or anything.
- Applicants feel free to tell anything to the employer whether job related or not. This is the best way to know the applicant personally and what he/she do in his/her free time.
Q2. What are your greatest weaknesses?
One of the important questions an employer must ask the applicant.
- This question will determine the weakness of the applicant and its intensity whether it can be a conflict for the company or not.
- It can show that the candidate is concerned towards his/ her weaknesses and how is he/she going to tackle it in the future while working so as to fulfill the needs of the company.
- Sometimes that weakness can be a ability for the company which the employers can consider further. It depends on the employer how to use that weakness into strength.
Q3. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
This question should be asked to determine the interests of the applicant for the company.
- Every applicant that applies for a company has some dreams to fulfill in a particular period of time. This question is the best to make the applicant speak about those dreams and where he/she find himself/herself in the next couple of years.
- This is the best way to determine the applicant’s excitement and confidence to work with the company and the employers.
- This question is also useful for employers because sometimes applicants over-exaggerate the things and also try to be fake. So by this question they can easily sense their overconfidence.
Click Here: Business Tips
Q4. What three words will you use to describe your ideal work environment?
This is one of the best questions to know the mindset of the applicants.
- By this the recruiters can know how the applicants will deal with the situation; whether he/she can think well in pressure or in calm environment.
- Sometimes people may have a problem in working for late hours. With this question they have the opportunity to clear this query with the employers.
- This question will definitely help the employers to determine whether the applicant will feel comfortable or not in the work environment you have in office.
Q5. Why should we hire you?
The most common question that is asked to each and every applicant.
- This question will help the employers to see the enthusiasm in the applicant to work with them. If the applicant is really looking forward to this job then the excitement about the opportunity can be easily seen on his/her face.
- When an employer asks this question to the applicant; he must listen to the details that the applicant is telling about himself/herself for the company. It is the best way to examine the keenness of the applicant to work.
Q6. What project would you consider your most significant career accomplishment till date?
Every applicant can be differentiated as per the skills, the accomplishment etc.
- This question can help the employer to judge the compatibility of the applicant for the company. Accomplishment is the best way to choose a perfect candidate for the company.
- This question can also boost some confidence of that applicant. They will feel happy to tell about their potential and the self determination and how they work to achieve that goal.
Click Here: Career Tips
Q7. How will you deal with the conflict between colleagues?
This question is very important to determine the working strategy of the applicants at the time of conflict between colleagues.
- This question is the best way to judge the problem solving capacity of the applicants. It is important to see how the new applicant will understand the nature of the conflict? How will he encourage the employees to work together?
- The employer can judge whether the applicant is equal for both sides or is favoring one party. Here the applicant can prove themselves by teaching other employees to work and communicate with each other.
- Applicant can impress the employer by finding a solution and solving a conflict.
Q8. What do you do if you don’t agree with your manager’s decision?
One of the most tricky questions that can easily confuse an applicant.
- This question will help to determine whether the applicant is really concerned about the company or not. Here in this situation an employer expect that the applicant must disagree and commit it.
- It is important for the applicant not to take it personally. Here the employer will test your thinking skills whether you can understand and offer alternatives or not.
Q9. Why are you leaving the current employer? (If the applicant is employed)
This question can determine various problems that the applicant had faced during his/her earlier job.
- This is a very tricky question because here is a possibility that the applicant may not accept his/her demerit and blame the company for it.
- Sometimes the applicant can have a genuine problem of leaving the current employer maybe because the company is not performing well or the company is shifting or the working environment is not good.
- This question will help the employer to know about the nature of the applicant whether he/she is complaining endlessly or there is a genuine need of the post.
Q10. Do you have any question about the job or the company?
This question should be mandatory to ask the applicants.
- Every applicant has the right to know about the company in which they will be going to work. By giving each and every detail about the “company” will develop a sense of comfort in the applicant to get ready to work further.
- The applicant may have questions like salary package, his/her role in the company, how he/she will be treated in the company etc. This will help the applicant to judge the level of preparation to do for the job.
So these were some questions an employer can ask during the interview.